Saturday 9 January 2016

Hidden Beauty of Riau Islands (Kepri) : Penyengat Island

Have you ever heard this Island? if never, neither do I. I have never heard about the name of this island until my auntie reccomended me to go here just for fill my free day. I went to this island from Batam island by ferry to Tanjung Pinang, Bintan Island, then continue to ride small boat leaving for Penyengat island.


At the first glance, there are no special with this island. Surrounded by "not so clean" sea water (South China Sea Pollution) made I doubt to go to this island. However, when you go there your eyes will widely open with the strong malay and arab culture. 








Sultan Riau Penyengat Mosque which made from egg white


Traditional wall map of Penyengat Island



Penyengat Island Castle

One of Roads in Penyengat Island


Another castle
One of The Graves in Penyengat Island





King Building






Another part of Penyengat Island

One of Reccomended Foods of Penyengat Island


No comments:

Post a Comment